Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hung Up

We'll I can't say it better than Madonna so I won't try...

Time goes by so slowly for those who wait
Every little thing you say or do
I'm hung up
I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call
baby night and day
I'm fed up
I'm tired of waiting on you

So I am guilty of this. While, I don't want to get into the whole story as to why I am hung up on Sparky, I have seen this all too often. So let me help all of you who are wondering what it means to be hung up. Generally speaking you have had some form of a relationship with this person; dated or close friends what have you. You have formed some type of attachment to this person and although your relationship did not reach the status that you had hoped (boyfriend, girlfriend...ETC) the bridge ISN'T burned. You can still communicate with this person and you view them not as they are but as the potential you see for them...potential significant other.

Now you ask what is wrong with this type of relationship. Well when we are by definition "hung up" on someone we tend to not make ourselves available to other opportunities because we compare others to this person, and want to stick with what is familiar. We feel like we have invested so much time and effort into this person and he/she already knows us. It is far EASIER to remain hopeful that this person will come around and realize you are amazing and everything they are looking for, than to give someone NEW a chance and start from scratch. I know we don't want to hear it but that is exactly what we need to do. To be honest with ourselves that person has had more than enough chances to be the person that we want them to be but they still are NOT! So back to Madonna;

I can't keep on waiting for you
I know that you're still hesitating
Don't cry for me
cause I'll find my way
You'll wake up one day
But it'll be too late


So to overcome being hung up here are some things I am trying to do. Stop looking at his blog (Facebook, MySpace), stop initiating contact (texting, chatting), but most importantly I am accepting him as he is and how he treats me instead of how I hope that some day he will. See he wants to keep my attention but does not want to be committed to a relationship so therefore only contacts me every two weeks which I need to stop accepting because it is NOT what I want. Now I have to start giving some other people a chance to get to know me and start from scratch.

Wish me luck
XOXO
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment