Monday, March 22, 2010

Spiderwebs


Contributor: Tiffany A. Catch
Advice Reference: Gwen Stefani said it best in No Doubt's Spiderwebs!

I had been asked out by Iron Bored, he saw me at a party and wanted to talk to me but my time was being monopolized by Tonka and Iron Bored never worked up the courage to interrupt. Instead he emailed me the next day expressing his regrets to introduce himself and asking for a chance to make it up. Forgiving the fact that he didn't have the courage to talk to me the first time I agreed to a date. In emails and on the date Iron Bored would volunteer information so that I may be able to get to know him better. Two facts he kept repeating was that he was a twist the top off the toothpaste kind of guy because he thought it was neater and that he has to run six miles a day. He also carried a laminated card of his family member's birthdays. He than cut our date early so that he could go home to get to bed because he had to wake up to iron his shirts because he could not wear a shirt which had been ironed the night before. This little bit of information was enough for me to know that Mikey was not for me. Although, I do enjoy a clean home, I am more relaxed in my efforts to achieve it so that life doesn't become to routine and boring.

A week later when the phone rang and it was him, I actually ANSWERED! Apparently answering a phone call is unheard of because he said, " Oh you answered... What I had to say was really more for voicemail....but I guess I'll just say it anyways. ( I quickly suggested I hang up and he could call back because what could he possibly prefer to say on Voicemail?? I'll admit I was secretly hoping that he would say I think you're great but I am just not feeling a connection) Instead I hear, " Hey I am just calling to see how your week is going. Hope it's going well and I wanted to tell you I think you are funny and I would like to take you out again."......
I think I uttered something like that was nice...ok I'll call you later.

So in the words of Gwen Stefani, "You think that we connect, that the chemistry's correct....Don't have the courage inside me to tell you please let me be....and it's all your fault, I screen my phone calls...so leave a message and I'll call you back!" Moral of the story...if you don't feel comfortable saying it straight to the person DON'T SAY IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment