Monday, March 22, 2010

Do Dream Guys Exsist in the Virtual World?



Contributor: Tiffany A. Catch
Dating Advice: Dr. Neil Clark Warren the creator of eHarmony.com

A few years ago my cousin came up to me and told me that she had a dream that I married her ex-boyfriend. My first question; Is he cute? Second question; Are you ok with that?
Well since that dream I have signed up for a few online dating services. I have scoped out the guys and even emailed back and forth with a few. Which was all in good fun and confidence boosting but when it came to meeting someone I would always chicken out and just let things fade out.

When I was contacted by my Dream Guy; a handsome guy, my age, my state, a career in the same field, and an ex-boyfriend of my cousin! I thought, if I am ever going to go through with meeting someone I have a good feeling about this Dream Guy. We exchanged a few emails getting to know each other and than I extended the invite for a group get together. He responded with," Oh my gosh was that an official invite? I think I just hyperventilated, see I had really just joined this online dating for some funny stories....but you don't live too far away and seem pretty cool...so yeah I'd like to get together." Then I responded with letting him know that this was the first time I had ever planned to meet someone from an online dating. He said, "I don't know if you're some Internet creeper but I should warn you that me and my friends are pretty ripped...just saying, but if you are a beautiful girl named Tiffany then I am excited to meet you!" I responded by saying, " Ok I'll make some treats you bring the six packs...of soda of course ;)"

Of course meeting my Dream Guy was a total success! He was cuter in person and a ton of fun! I had a great time and he even showed up with six packs of sodas! After the date he updated on his Facebook that he had a really great time and positive experience with online dating :) We emailed a few more times, but NO second date. :( It's alright because going out with him reminded me about how I use to get excited about dating, Dream Guy reminded me that was how dating was supposed to feel like since I was feeling discouraged by the lack of excitement I have been feeling about dates...I guess I'll keep Dreaming and cyber stalking haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment