Sunday, August 30, 2009

Contributors Story

Contributor: Tiffany A. Catch
Age: mid twenties,
Education: college graduate and currently working on a Masters.
Years Since last boyfriend:4. (This is not to say that I have not had dating relationships since, just not a committed one)
Current Interest: 3; Tonka, Berkley, and Frisbee. ( and ohh so many to follow, I don’t discriminate)
Men I am hung up on: 1; Sparky (I make every excuse for him but he is unavailable).
Morals: Have them, I don't believe in sex before marriage, won't be living with any boyfriends, and don't drink or find the bar and club scene enticing. So where do I find new prospects? I look to meet new guys through friends and acquaintances.
Adventures/Obstacles to overcome:
1) Why am I a horrible flirt?
2) When I have a crush it verges on infatuation and obsession. I daydream and imagine the possibilities of our life here together all before he has even asked my name!
3) Why don't I like to talk about my feelings or express what I am looking for in a relationship?
4) Do I need to be competitive in the dating market?
5) Why do all the men I get involved with live long distance?
6) Why do I give the nice guy the cold shoulder?
7) Why am I hung up on someone who is unavailable?
Resolve: To fearlessly implement the advice given by the professionals in my dating self help books and to make the smartest, healthiest dating decisions for my future happiness.

Contributor #4: Sparkles ( I might find something more endearing at a later date)
Age: Late twenties, nearing the new twenty: thirty.
Education: Finishing Masters in English.
Years Since last boyfriend: 2.75 . At this point I have even started encouraging distant relatives to set me up with the single people they know. Even Aunt Sharon. I asked the dental hygienist the other day if she had any nephews. Low point, I know.
Current Interests: A summer salesman with a mole on his cheek. Think Cindy Crawford, but guy and then you’ll get it. Pretty sure he doesn’t live here anymore though. Also, the guy I keep dating in my dreams but I have never met him. He is pretty hot and perfect. Then I wake up sweating and get depressed because I can’t even stock him on Facebook since he isn’t real. Yeah, I would bet on me too, the odds are pretty stacked in my favor.
Morals: A virgin who is getting really tired of being a virgin, especially when I can’t even pleasure myself. I also don’t drink and some days I get tired of this, too.
Adventures/Obstacles to overcome:
1. Controlling other people.
2. Getting over my old boyfriend on lonely days.
3. Unrequited love.
4. Allowing myself to be vulnerable.
5. Broadening my dating pool
6. Hanging out less with male friends in hopes of becoming so despondent that I might make more of an effort to date.
Resolve: To be more friendly when meeting people instead of staying awkwardly quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment